Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Party's Over


Today, I have committed to myself and family that I will give up drinking Coke. As I am writing this, I am sipping my last one. I know it won't be easy. Coke has been a big part of my life. Look back at any old photo from my Dad's side and there will be a Coke somewhere in that shot. You can follow the evolution of the Coke bottle and can by looking through those photos. Coke was every where. After my father died I started drinking more & collecting Coke memorabilia. Coke was a way of being closer to him.
I am not an over eater. I eat well but I am over weight due to an illness and medication. I also must admit that the Cokes have added to my weight gain. I have come to realize that the Cokes have taken a bigger place in my life than just a drink. I drank when in pain, lonely, and bored. I am making some major changes in my life. I am getting healthier, the pain is getting under control. It is time to let the Cokes go. I do not need them anymore, I don't want them anymore. I am committed to letting them go. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment