Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Talent ?

All my life I have felt I had a talent, other than talking.
 I have spent years making many artistic attempts.
It started very early. My grandma taught me to draw, crochet, embroider, and sew. I would make doll dresses, stuffed animals and I drew many a costume.
She also jump started my love of theater and acting. We would spend hours perfecting hair, make up and costumes. I continued with theater all through high school and for many years after that.
I have since tried hot glass, painting, photography, and stained glass.
I am OK at most of what I have tried. However, my painting, drawing and crocheting end up looking like a three year old has done it. I believe it was described as "Primitive".
I love working with my hands. I love working with colors. So it looks like I am ready to try another project. I'll be working with fabric and lace. We will see what happens. It may not turn out well but I am sure it will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment