Thursday, February 19, 2009

Husband Left Wife on Floor for 10 Weeks Before She Died

This is a sad story.
I am not sure if the husband should face charges.
I have worked with a lot of senior citizens. Most often they only ask for help when it is too late or someone else intervenes. They have been taking care of themselves for so long that they often don't recognise the need for help.

http://foxnews.com/story/0,2933,490857,00.html

This man stated his wife did not want outside help. He stated that he expected her to get up in her own time. He continued to feed her, clean her and give her her medications. It sounds as if they were both in denile. My heart goes out to them.

3 comments:

  1. Gives a whole new meaning to the "I've fallen and I can't get up." Doesn't sound like the husband did anything malicious. How old was he? 70-something? Married 52 years? No. I don't think he should be charged with anything. Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The husband was 83 and his wife was 72. 11 years her senior, I believe he truly felt she would get up when she felt better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think he should be charged either poor man.
    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete